Adult Corrections

Adult Corrections

Public Information

How to request a copy of public records
( more... )

Begin by downloading our Public Records Request form. This document is in PDF format. You'll need Adobe Reader. Get it here.

Request may be submitted in person by delivering it to:

NORCOR Administration
201 Webber Street

by mail:

NORCOR Administration
201 Webber Street
The Dalles, OR 97058

by e-mail:

by fax:


How to file a citizen complaint
( more... )

Begin by downloading our Citizen Complaint form. This document is in PDF format. You'll need Adobe Reader. Get it here.

Complaint may be submitted in person by delivering it to:

NORCOR Administration
201 Webber Street

by mail:

NORCOR Administration
201 Webber Street
The Dalles, OR 97058

by e-mail:

by fax:


Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)

( more... )

NORCOR mandates a zero tolerance for any incidence of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault of any inmate in NORCOR custody. All staff, volunteers, contractors and inmates must abide by this and related policies, laws, and standards that help prevent, detect, reduce, and punish inmate sexual assault.

The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) was signed into law September 2003 by President George W. Bush. Its main purpose is to protect the Eighth Amendment rights of Federal, State and local prisoners. PREA makes the prevention of sexual assault of incarcerated persons a top priority with national standards for the detection, prevention, reduction and punishment of sexual misconduct and sexual assaults in prisons and jails. It also increases accountability for administrators who fail to prevent, reduce and punish such misconduct.

Any sexual and/or romantic activity between staff and inmates is prohibited and against the law. Sexual activity between inmates is also prohibited by NORCOR Policy and Procedure, inmate rules and may also be a crime.

There is no such thing as consensual sex in custody.

NORCOR will aggressively respond to and investigate any and all allegations of rape and/or sexual misconduct. NORCOR supports the prosecution of sexual misconduct and sexual assaults, in partnership with law enforcement and county prosecutors. NORCOR staff are required to report and respond to incidents of rape, sexual abuse or sexual misconduct.

Inmates are encouraged to speak with deputies, medical staff, mental health professionals, attorneys, program volunteers, family members, friends, or anyone who can assist them in putting a stop to any and all sexual misconduct or abuse. They can also write letters, leave notes, utilize the inmate request form, medical request form, leave phone messages on the PREA Hotline or file a grievance.
If you were sexually abused while in custody or know of someone that was sexually abused while in custody, you should report it immediately. Although reporting can be difficult to do, it will keep you and others safe from more harm. All information is confidential and will be subject to verification by investigators. Falsely reporting a sexual crime is itself a crime. If a false report is submitted by an inmate is a jail rule violation and the inmate will held accountable through misconduct proceedings.

You may file a complaint regarding rape and/or sexual misconduct that occurred while in NORCOR custody by calling this confidential number:

PREA Report Hotline by calling 541.506.2593

PREA Coordinator 541.506.3111
If you feel you may have an urgent crime to report call 911.

Additional Support
HAVEN - The Dalles - 541-296-1662
HELPING HANDS - Hood River - 541-386-4808

NORCOR Corrections
201 Webber Street
The Dalles, OR 97058

You can learn more about PREA at the Web sites for the National Institute of Corrections the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission and National PREA Resource Center

NORCOR’s PREA Yearly Report
( more... )

Sorry, the PDF couldn't be displayed...

NORCOR’s PREA Facility Audit Report: Final
( more... )

Sorry, the PDF couldn't be displayed...

Immigration and Customs Housing

NORCOR’s Immigration and Customs Housing Policy
( more... )

NORCOR houses federal detainees pursuant to a contractual agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) and the U.S. Marshall’s office. The contract stipulates that NORCOR will house federal detainees under the following three conditions: (1) where an individual has been charged with a federal offense and is being detained while awaiting trial; (2) where an individual has been sentenced and is awaiting designation and transport to a Bureau of Prisons facility; and (3) where an individual is awaiting a hearing on their immigration status or deportation. In each of the scenarios above, these are individuals that are already legally in ICE’s custody.

NORCOR houses, supervises and provides for the basic needs of the individuals described above while they are in NORCOR’s care. NORCOR does not expend any County or State funds to subsidize the housing of federal detainees.

ORS 181A.820(2), Enforcement of federal immigration laws, permits “a law enforcement agency [to] exchange information with the United States Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement…[in order to] verify the immigration status of a person if the person is arrested for any criminal offense…” Consistent with ORS 181A.820(2), NORCOR’s policy to date has been to notify ICE regarding individuals that are booked into NORCOR with a foreign country of origin. This has consisted of notifying ICE officials and providing them with the individuals’ name, date of birth, current charges and identified place of birth.

Effective April 2, 2018, NORCOR no longer accepts detainers for local detainees. This means that these individuals will be allowed to post bail and be released pursuant to their state court stipulations and conditions. Therefore, if a detainee has finished their sentence, been released by the court, or posted bail, they will not be held past their release.

NORCOR does not accept or detain any individuals whose only violation of law is that they are persons of foreign citizenship present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws. Detainees must have a prior or current criminal conviction as well as unlawful status in the U.S. in order for NORCOR to accept them. NORCOR will also accept those individuals who are facing pending federal criminal prosecution that are in pre-trial status. All detainees must have documentation sufficient to meet the standards described above.

Revised: 04/02/2018

How to Visit

Video Visiting
( more... )



This facility has transitioned inmate visitation to a new video-only system provided by TELMATE. The new visitation schedule has expanded to allow more visits at more times.


On-site (LOCAL): Visitors may visit using the TELMATE video tablets in the NORCOR Administration lobby.


Remote: From anywhere over the web. Remote (off-site) video visiting is available to friends, family, and others using a web browser. Video visits may be conducted from any computer with high-speed Internet, a webcam, microphone and speakers or any android device. There is no limit to the number of remote visits, and they may be scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis.


To schedule a video visitation you must first create a Telmate login. You can create your login at or use the TELMATE Kiosk in the facility lobby. Once your login is created on the Telmate KIOSK or online, you may proceed to a Telmate Tablet in the admin lobby to schedule a visit. Double-tap either of the visitation tablets to activate then. Login using your Telmate account information, either your phone number & Telmate 6 digit pin# OR an email address with password.  

You will have the option to select a previously scheduled visit or "VISIT NOW".

If you wish to utilize an inmates’ Free visiting time, you must choose that the inmate pay for the visit. The inmate can then apply the free minutes toward your visit if they choose. 

If you wish to pay for a video visitation, you must have funds on your verified Friends & Family phone number/account to pay for the visit prior to scheduling. 

(Please note that an inmate must confirm all visits in order for them to occur.)

Available visiting times may vary throughout the facility, depending on classification and housing unit. If an inmate is in a segregation unit (300 or 700 block) you will need to notify NORCOR Staff at least TWO HOURS prior to the scheduled visitation to ensure the inmate you wish to visit is out for the visitation.

Inmates are responsible for communicating their allowed visit times to prospective visitors. Inmates will not be permitted to visit during their lockdown time.

Arrive Early:
For all free visits, and all onsite/local visits, visitors must be present in the jail lobby visitation area 5 minutes before their scheduled visit. Inmates visit using a video Tablets in their housing unit.

Canceling a Visit:
To cancel a visit, log into or use the link provided in your confirmation email. Cancelations that are over 24 hours in advance are fully refunded.

If you do not appear for an inmate scheduled free visit, the visit will expire and there will be no charge, or loss of minutes.

Minors: Minors are allowed to visit as long as they are accompanied by their own parent or legal guardian, and as long as there are no restrictions per court or DHS. Minors are not permitted to register for visitation.

Visitation Facts:

  • Inmates are provided with 60-minutes of on-site video visitation at no cost.   If you wish to utilize an inmates Free visiting time, you must select that the inmate pay for the visit. The inmate can then apply the free minutes toward your visit if they choose.
  • Free visiting minutes become active at booking and are active from Mon-Sunday, another 60 minutes reactivating every Monday. Free minutes that are not used do not carry over to the next week.
  • Remote visiting (from your home computer), and additional visiting beyond the free minutes, are charged .25 cents a minute. You do not pay for any time you are not visiting. There is no limit on the number of additional paid visits.
  • When choosing the "VISIT NOW" option, the tablets in the cell block/dorm will ring like a phone for THREE MINUTES. If the inmate does not answer, you may choose the VISIT NOW option again.
  • (Please note that an inmate must confirm all visits in order for them to occur.)

  • Visitation Tablets will reboot after each failed attempt to connect to insure the previous visitor is logged out and to insure the best connection. 


Video Visiting Schedule
( more... )

Lobby Video Visiting Schedule

Effective October 1st, 2013

Monday Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)
Tuesday Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)
Wednesday Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)
Thursday Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)
Friday Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)

Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM/   (Remote Visitation 8:00 AM- 10PM)

Holiday Lobby Visitation 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM//  Remote Visitation is 8:00 AM- 10PM)


Lobby Visiting 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM   Holidays 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM

Holiday Lobby Visitation 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM//  Remote Visitation is 8:00 AM- 10PM)


Visiting Rules
( more... )


Inmate visitation is a privilege and may be denied for disciplinary reasons or operational necessity.

  • You must create a TELMATE login online at or at the lobby kiosk by admin window prior to visiting.
  • All local (NORCOR Lobby) visitations must be prescheduled either by yourself through your TELMATE login or by the inmate.
  • Any violation of visitation rules or court ordered "No Contact" will result in a terminated visitation and the violation will be reported. (There are no refunds for facility terminated visitations).
  • No disturbances or disruptions shall occur.
  • There is no loitering permitted in the NORCOR Lobby.
  • No smoking or tobacco use is permitted in the NORCOR Lobby.
  • There are no pets allowed in the NORCOR Lobby.
  • No vandalism shall occur.
  • Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
  • Children will not be left unattended in the NORCOR lobby.
  • Children with disruptive behavior must be removed from the visiting area if such action becomes necessary to avoid disturbing other inmates or visitors.
  • Visitors who supply contraband to prisoners are subject to prosecution under ORS 162.185. Supplying contraband is a Class C Felony.
  • Visitors must leave the visiting area as soon as the visit is over. If you wish to leave your visit early, you may leave at any time.
  • There will be NO Administration Staff available on the weekends, you must use the phone on the right side of the TELMATE Kiosk to assist you with video visitation.
Social Visiting Limits
( more... )

All public visitation is through the TELMATE System with the exception of Program and Attorney Visitation.

Accepted ID for Social Visitors
( more... )


  • State ID card
  • Military ID card
  • Passport
  • State driver’s license
Property and Contraband Control
( more... )

You may only take small, hand-carried or pocket items into the visiting area, such as photographs, wallets, coins, or keys if they do not present a security risk, but no cell phones, pencils, matches, lighters, tobacco, sharp objects, food, drinks, pocket knives, or containers. (Containers include briefcases, purses, and fanny packs).

A visitor with a baby may take a limited supply of baby care items on a visit, however he or she may not take baby strollers or carriers.

NORCOR staff may ask you to empty your pockets so they can see the contents. They may also ask you to submit to a frisk search if they have reasonable suspicion you are trying to take contraband into the visiting area. You may refuse to submit to a search, but NORCOR staff will not allow you to visit and may permanently revoke your visiting privileges.

No visitor may take a camera, cigarette lighters, pocket knives, cell phones or other two-way communication devices on a visit.

You may not leave items in the waiting area while you visit. Quarter operated lockers are available in the lobby for you to store your personal belongings. NORCOR is not responsible for items left in lockers.

Attorney Visits
( more... )

Any attorney with a valid bar card issued in the U.S. who states that he/she legally represents the inmate will be entitled to visit his/her clients as follows:

Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM & 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM

Saturday Sunday & Holidays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon




Attorney Contact Visiting:

NORCOR has ONE contact room. Contact room use is by appointment only. This room is reserved for attorneys or agencies that require electronic equipment, or multiple personnel to conduct their visit. Please contact Administration Clerk to schedule an appointment.

Clergy Visits
( more... )

Clergy must show current clergy identification & drivers license in order to visit.

Visiting days are:

  • Mondays & Fridays: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM

Inmate Mail

Who may send mail to an inmate at NORCOR?
( more... )

Anyone can send mail to an inmate with some restrictions.

We will not accept mail from:

  • An inmate in NORCOR, another corrections-monitored facility, or treatment center.
  • Someone who is acting as a go-between for inmates by taking mail received from one inmate and sending it to another inmate.
  • A victim of a crime that the inmate is in custody for. Either in pretrial or sentenced status.

On a case-by-case basis, command staff may impose restrictions on with whom an inmate may correspond on a personal basis.

How may I send the mail?
( more... )

We only allow inmates to receive mail sent through the U.S. Postal Service.

We do not accept hand delivered mail.

We will not accept mail with postage due.

How do I address the mail?
( more... )

Clearly write the inmate’s complete name. Do not use nicknames. If you know the inmate’s middle name or initial and file number, please include those.

Send mail to the following address:

Inmate’s name, File number
201 Webber Street
The Dalles, OR 97058

Be sure to put your return name and address on the mail! We will not deliver or hold mail for an inmate if it is missing a return address.

Please hand write your return address rather than using gummed or adhesive labels. We remove such labels from mail before giving it to the inmate. Without a return address the inmate may not be able to write to you because he or she may not know your address.

Do not place any stickers, liquid substances, or non-postal related stamps on the mail or seal it with a “lipstick” kiss.

Do not spray letters with perfume.

What may I mail to an inmate?
( more... )
  • Written correspondence (except junk mail)
  • Legal or personal-business documents
  • Postcards and greeting cards
  • Pictures (Limit of 3 per letter)

Pictures may be photographs (up to 4x6 inches), a printed piece of paper or a photocopy (up to 8½x11 inches). Multiple pictures or pictures mixed with text on a single sheet will count as one picture. Mounted, framed or Polaroid pictures are not allowed. Pictures can not contain contraband or be larger than 9x12 inches. Musical cards are not allowed.

  • Pamphlets (Limit of 3 per letter)

Must be eight pages or less. Pamphlets over 8 pages long are considered books.

Books are no longer accepted through administration window for individual inmates. However, they can be donated to the inmate library. You may NOT send books directly to an inmate. Inmates CAN receive paperback books directly from the publisher. Books may be up to 9x12 inches in size and must be paperback. Books may be new or used. Books must not have a plastic or metal binding. All books sent to an inmate shall become property of NORCOR upon the release of the inmate (exception: personal Bibles).

What can’t I mail to an inmate?
( more... )

Contraband items. Contraband is anything jail staff do not allow an inmate to have unless they authorize it. It is anything not specifically approved for mailing in the “What may I mail to an inmate?” section above. Commonly mailed contraband items are:

  • Maps
  • Books (unless mailed directly from the publisher)
  • Transportation schedules, such as bus or train
  • Stickers and decals
  • Cosmetics, hair care and hygiene items
  • Food
  • Gifts
  • Locks of hair and ribbons
  • Cigarettes, matches and lighters
  • Dried or pressed flowers
  • Coupons and lottery tickets
  • Compact discs and cassette tapes
  • Items that exceed approved limits
  • Items from a non-approved source
  • Foreign substances, such as bodily fluids, lipstick, perfume, glitter, glue and anything with unusual stains or odors
  • Bookmarks, postage stamps, stationery, writing or drawing materials, and paper clips

Items with contraband content, either as words or pictures. Contraband content is anything that may threaten the safety, security, good order of the jail or may be detrimental to an inmate’s rehabilitation. This includes content that:

  • Threatens, plans, encourages or instructs in activity that is criminal or violates jail rules
  • Could result in physical harm to anyone
  • Is gang-related material
  • Is sexually explicit material (This is the most common reason for confiscating an item based on content. Be careful what you send!)
  • Is inflammatory material (This can include anything that incites or advocates physical violence against others or the supremacy or hatred of a class or group of people.)
  • Is code or suspected code (This can include a foreign language if we are unable to find a translator in a reasonable period of time.)
  • Is fraudulently marked as legal or official mail
Do you open and inspect mail?
( more... )

YES. All incoming and outgoing mail is subject to opening and inspection by NORCOR staff.

What happens if I mail contraband?
( more... )

One of three things will happen if we find contraband in your mail:

  • We will confiscate it, place it in the inmate’s property box, and not allow the inmate access to it while lodged at NORCOR.
  • We will destroy it, if it presents a health or safety hazard.
  • We will confiscate it as evidence in a criminal investigation.

Depending on the degree of contraband violation command staff may restrict any future correspondence you have with an inmate.

***Introduction of contraband into a Corrections Facility is a Class C felony under ORS 162.185 and is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.***

How do I send money to an inmate?
( more... )

All deposits are made through the TELMATE System. You must first create a login at, or at the NORCOR Lobby TELMATE Kiosk.

Once you have created your login, you can make deposits online with a credit card or at the TELMATE Kiosk in the NORCOR Lobby, with Cash or Credit Card

These funds can be deposited for:

  • Commissary/Trust - This money can be used to buy snacks, stationary and postage.
  • Prepaid/Communication - These funds can be used for inmate outgoing calls, video visitation and sending TELMATE messages.

*Please do not send cash through the mail.*

The Lobby is open for Kiosk use:

Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 8:00AM- 12:00 PM

Whom do I contact if I have a question about inmate mail?
( more... )

You can contact NORCOR command staff by calling (541) 298-1576 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM).

May I call to confirm delivery of an item?
( more... )

No. It is the inmate’s responsibility to contact you to let you know they received something you mailed. Write to the inmate if you want to confirm delivery of an item you sent to him or her.

Whom do I contact if I have a complaint about inmate mail?
( more... )

You can contact NORCOR command staff by calling (541) 298-1576 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM) if you have a complaint about inmate mail. Or you may send a letter to:

NORCOR Captain
201 Webber Street
The Dalles OR 97058

Money & Property

Depositing Money into an Inmate’s Account
( more... )

All Inmate deposits are made through the TELMATE System. Money can be posted to an inmate's account online at or in person at the NORCOR Administration Lobby TELMATE Kiosk during regular business hours Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Lobby TELMATE Kiosk is available for deposits on weekends & Holdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. 

You can also mail a Money Order to an inmate through the US mail. Make the money order out to the inmate at NORCOR, they can endorse it once received, and it will be deposited to their commissary account. 

Please note: For assistance with the TELMATE Kiosk or video visitation on the weekends, you must use the black phone on the right side of the TELMATE Kiosk in the NORCOR Administration Lobby.

Deposits can be made in the form of cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express (Please note! American Express cannot be used when posting bail."

*There is a processing fee for all Telmate Transactions.*

Commisary Items Available for Purchase
( more... )

Care packages can be ordered by friends & family at

OR Inmates can order their own Commissary Items with their commissary funds, listed below.

Commissary items and prices are subject to change based on product availability.

Scan Code Description Price   Scan Code Description Price
  Hygiene       Stationary  
20005 Baby Lotion, 4 oz $1.15   24009 Birthday (English) $1.35
10033 Comb $0.25   24201 Crossword Puzzle $2.55
10007 Conditioner, 4 oz $0.99   24021 Envelope, 9 x 12 $0.25
14009 Dove Soap $1.49     Flex Pen, Red $0.65
12000 Freshmint Toothpaste, 4.6 oz $1.72   24015 Greeting Card, Blank $1.35
16004 Freshscent Deodorant, 1.6 oz $1.56   24013 I Love You (English) $1.35
14003 Irish Spring Soap $1.49   24001 Lined Writing Tablet, 8.5 x 11 $1.85
10013 Large Hair Tie $0.25   24004 Plain #10 Envelope $0.25
10001 Shampoo, 4 oz $0.99   24007 Stamp, Single $0.49
10002 Shampoo Dandruff, 4 oz $1.07   24005 Stamped Envelope $0.62
14007 Soap Dish, Plastic $0.99   24202 Sudoku Puzzle $2.55
12007 Toothbrush Cap $0.85   24203 Variety Puzzle $2.55
12005 Toothbrush, Medium, LH $1.25   24200 Word Puzzle $2.25
10029 VO5 Conditioner, 12 oz $3.15        
10021 VO5 Shampoo, Normal, 12 oz $3.15     Beverages  
        32079 Cappucino Single Serve $0.55
  Food and Snacks     46004 Carmel Macchiatto Creamer, 0.5 oz $0.25
28107 Cheetos, Flamin Hot $1.35   32009 Creamer, Single Serve $0.25
28109 Cheetos, Jalapeno Cheddar $1.35   32103 Diet Pepsi $1.75
28106 Chili Cheese Corn Chips $1.35   32004 French Vanilla Creamer, 15 oz container $5.50
27024 Chocolate Chip Cookies, 2 oz $0.99   32021 Fruit Punch Drink Mixes, 6 oz $1.79
45097 Donuts, Variety $1.75   32007 Instant Coffee, Freeze Dried, 3 oz $4.35
27016 Honey Bun, Iced $1.50   32003 Instant Coffee, Single Serve $0.36
28026 Hot Sauce Packets $0.50   32102 Mountain Dew $1.75
28045 Jalapeno Cheese Squeezer, 1 oz $0.99   32017 Orange Breakfast Drink Mix, 6 oz $1.79
27017 Jumbo Cinnamon Roll $1.99   32100 Pepsi $1.75
28101 Nacho Tortilla Chips $1.35   32101 Root Beer $1.75
27011 Peanut Butter Creme Cookies, 16 oz $1.76   32104 Sierra Mist $1.75
28021 Peanut Butter Sqeuuze, 1 oz $0.99   32001 Sugar Substitute, Single Serve, 10 ct $0.56
27022 Pop Tarts Strawberry $1.50        
28302 Refried Beans w/Jalapeno Chilis, 4 oz $2.25     Candy  
28403 Salt Packet $0.10   26015 Atomic Fireballs, 4 oz $1.50
28001 Salted Peanuts $0.69   26020 Butterscotch Buttons, 4.5 oz $1.50
28200 Saltine Crackers, Single Sleeve $1.15   26023 Chick-O-Stick $0.39
28014 Spicy Meat and Cheese Stick $0.99   26013 Jolly Ranchers, Assorted, 4 oz $1.50
27002 Swiss Roll $1.35   45080 Kit Kat $1.35
28309 Tortillas, 4 ct $1.99   26005 M&M Peanut $1.35
        26012 Milky Way $1.35
  Ramen Noodles     26007 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups $1.35
92003 Plastic Bowl w/Lid $1.25   26014 Root Beer Barrels, 4oz $1.50
45098 Ramen Noodles, Cajun Chicken, 3 oz $0.75   26028 SF Butterscotch Discs $2.75
34007 Ramen Noodles, Chili, 3 oz $0.75   26029 SF Fruit Chews $2.75
45099 Ramen Noodles, Picante Beef, 3 oz $0.75   26001 Snickers $1.35
34009 Ramen Noodles, Picante Chicken, 3 oz $0.75   26022 Sugar Free Hard Candy, 2 oz $1.62
        26008 Twix $1.35
Release of Inmate Money
( more... )

Jail staff will not accept any walk-in requests from a person to have an inmate release money unless it is a validated urgent situation. The requester can expect a substantial waiting period while an approved walk-in money release is being processed. We will not release money to someone that has been in NORCOR within the last year.

Release of Inmate Property
( more... )


The authorized recipient can pick up property at the jail lobby desk during the normal lobby hours of:

While lodged at NORCOR, inmates shall not be allowed to release any property to any person unless it exceeds the inmate's property storage box capacity or emergency items necessary for the good of the family. Requests to release inmate property shall be denied unless NORCOR Command Staff determines that the release is necessary to prevent hardship to the inmate's family.

The inmate must sign to approve the property release or it will not occur. The recipient can expect significant delays in getting property released if the release was not pre-arranged with the inmate while the inmate completes the release form. We do not interrupt an inmate’s work duties, classes, or court appearances to have the inmate sign a form. Once release is approved, the physical retrieval of property is subject to staff availability.

A recipient must present official picture identification, such as a driver’s license, to receive the property. 

If you have been an inmate at NORCOR in the last 90 days property will not be released to you.

Transfer of Property to an Inmate
( more... )

You cannot bring an inmate any property with the exception of approved medical items, court clothes for a jury trial (with the courts approval) or prescription eye glasses. You must be an adult and present official picture identification, such as a driver’s license, to transfer the property.

For medical items, including eyeglasses, the inmate should have already obtained approval for the items from health care staff and a jail supervisor before you bring it in.

The only medication we will accept is current prescription medicine prescribed by a doctor (or other health care provider). The medication must be in factory-sealed, labeled packaging. Inhalers must be new and unused in original packaging. The prescription label must show the name of the inmate, name of the medication, dose and frequency, and prescribing doctor.

We will not accept hair accessories, jewelry, or make up as part of court clothes. Court security policy requires female inmates to wear pants or long dresses or skirts as court clothes.

Special-fit clothing and release clothes need a jail supervisor’s approval before you may bring it in. You may bring in approved release clothing up to 3 days before an inmate’s release date.

Bring the property to the Administration lobby desk during the normal lobby hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.

Bail Information

Who Can Post Bail and When
( more... )

Any adult (18 or older) can post security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for an inmate held in the NORCOR jail. (Bail cannot be posted by another inmate) Security is normally called bail.

You must present official picture identification (such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport) and not be under the influence to drugs or alcohol when posting security.


How Much to Post
( more... )

To find out an inmate’s security amount go to the Current Inmates page or call (541) 298-1576. Normally the amount shown is 10% of the security amount. However, for some traffic violation charges, it may be the full security amount. In any case, the amount shown is what must be paid.

For an inmate with multiple criminal charges stemming from a single incident (case number), a person need only pay security for the charge that has the highest security of all the charges. For multiple charges for traffic offenses, like DUII’s, the security must be paid for each charge.

The security needed may change at any time because of changes in the charges, or a court’s actions regarding the security amount.

Money posted for bail should include only the amount of the bail + Telmate fees. These fees are 3.95% of the total bail (minimum of $3.95) if paying in cash or 9.00% of the total bail + $9.95 if paying with a credit card. Please note that bail is posted directly to the inmates bail account.

The inmate may only use these funds to post their own bail, therefore only the inmate is eligible for a refund from the issuing court.

Where to Go to Pay the Bail
( more... )

At NORCOR at the Lobby TELMATE Kiosk:

  • Cash
  • Credit Card
  • Debit Card

OR: by phone 1-866-516-0115

All other forms of payment will not be accepted.

Inmates can post their own bail in booking using cash or credit cards if they have it in their possession at the time of booking, or in their property box.

To post security/bail after regular business hours or on weekends or holidays go to the Work Release door which is located just west of the Administration Lobby, and push the button for assistance.

Bail can also be posted with a credit card through

Forms of Payment
( more... )

Bail can be posted with cash or credit card at the TELMATE Kiosk in the administration lobby.

You must present official picture identification (such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport) and not be under the influence to drugs or alcohol when posting security.

Release of the Inmate after Posting
( more... )

The jail will release the inmate as soon as possible, however, the operational needs of the jail at that time and whether the inmate needs to check out of his or her housing unit and change back into civilian clothing, may cause delays in the release process.

If you are the victim of the inmate you must leave the area before the inmate leaves the jail.

Return of Security (Bail)
( more... )

NORCOR does not handle, control, or refund bail/security once it is posted.

Bail moneys are posted directly to the inmates account. These funds become the property of the inmate and are nonrefundable. It is the discretion of the inmate if they choose to post his/her own bail with these funds.

If the inmate chooses to use the funds to post his/her own bail, it is then forwarded to the courts for processing.

Only the inmate that posted their own bail may be eligible to receive a refund from the issuing court. The court does not refund security until all of the conditions of the release agreement are performed, all court appearances are complete, the defendant is discharged from all obligations in the case, and the case is closed.

The security is subject to forfeiture if the defendant fails to appear in court as scheduled or violates the release agreement.

  1. The court will retain 15% of the amount deposited as security release costs. In no event will the amount be less than $5.00.
  2. The Court may order that the security deposit be applied to any fines, costs, assessments, restitution, contribution, recoupment or other monetary obligations that are imposed on the defendant in this or any other case.
  3. The Court may order that the security deposit be applied towards the defendant’s child support obligations and/or to provide security for future child support and/or to provide security for future child support payments.
  4. If the defendant fails to comply with the terms of the security release agreement, the Court may order that the security deposit be forfeited to the State of Oregon. The Court may also enter a judgment against you for the entire amount of the security set against the defendant. This is not limited to the amount you post.
  5. No money will be refunded until the proceedings in this matter are completed and the Court enters an order releasing the funds. If the defendant is found guilty, no money will be returned until after the sentencing. Unless the Court orders otherwise, these funds will only be refunded to the person who made the deposit as shown on the receipt.
  6. The Court may be required to notify the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Attorney’s Office if more than $10,000.00 is posted by any party.

Contact information for all local courts listed below:

Hood River County

Hood River County Circuit Court

309 State St.
Hood River, Or. 97031

(541) 386-3535

Hood River Municipal Court

211 2nd St.
Hood River, Or. 97031

(541) 387-5250

Gilliam County

Gilliam County Circuit Court

221 S. Oregon St.
P.O. Box 622
Condon Or. 97823

(541) 384-3572

Arlington Justice Court

500 W. 1st
St. Arlington, Or. 97812

(541) 454-2923

Condon Justice Court

221 S. Oregon St.
Condon, Or. 97823

(541) 384-5821

Sherman County

Sherman County Circuit Court

500 Court St.
P.O. Box 402
Moro, Or. 97039

(541) 565-3650

Sherman County Justice Court

5th and Court St.
P.O. Box 282
Moro, Or. 97039

(541) 565-3572

Wasco County

Wasco County Circuit Court

511 Washington St.
The Dalles, Or. 97058

(541) 506-2700

The Dalles Municipal Court

313 Court St.
The Dalles, Or. 97058

(541) 296-5481

Wheeler County

Wheeler County Circuit Court

701 Adams St.
P.O. Box 345
Fossil, Oregon 97830

(541) 763-2541

Fossil Justice Court

701 Adams St.
P.O. Box 173
Fossil, Or. 97830

(541) 763-2047

Mitchell Justice Court

S. Nelson St.
P.O. Box 142
Mitchell, Or. 97750

(541) 462-3600

Custody and Other Release Information
( more... )

To find out if someone is in custody or was released in the last 24 hours or to find out an inmate’s charges, go to the Current Inmates page or call (541) 298-1576.

To find out an inmate’s release date go to the Current Inmates page or contact the inmate directly. Release dates are subject to change at any time because of the actions of the court or if work or good time credits were granted or revoked.

Turn Yourself In

What do I do if I think I have a warrant?
( more... )

If you believe your are wanted by the police report to NORCOR in person.

Please do not call, we cannot give out that information over the phone.

During the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, except for holidays, report to the jail lobby. Tell them you think you have a warrant. Staff will run a records check. If there is a warrant you will be taken into custody.

If you are reporting after-hours, report to the Work Release counter in the lobby of the building directly west of the NORCOR Administration office. Staff will perform the same process and direct you where to go after the warrant is confirmed or what to do if one is not found.

How do I report for a sentence?
( more... )

Report on the date and time your sentence order states. Do not be late. Come to the NORCOR Administration counter in the NORCOR main lobby to report for a sentence. Please bring a copy of the court paperwork telling you to report.

After regular business hours please report to the Work Release entrance which is located in the lobby door directly west of the NORCOR Administration building.

What should I bring?
( more... )

When turning yourself in, either for a warrant or to report for a sentence, please bring only those items with you that you need to conduct the business of turning yourself in, or are of a medical necessity. The items you should bring include:

  • Driver’s license or other government issued picture identification
  • Cash that you might be able to use to post security (bail)
  • Prescription medications in their original sealed and labeled packaging
  • Reading glasses
  • Copy of the sentencing order

Please do not bring jewelry, cell phones, personal data assistants, books and other unnecessary items. If lodged, your clothes are sealed in a plastic box which will wrinkle some clothing and is limited on space.

Avoid wearing clothing items with drawstrings or belts and shoes with shoelaces. Officers will remove them from the items for safety reasons at intake.

Phone Use

Use of Inmate Telephones
( more... )

Inmate telephones are provided at NORCOR and are located in all inmate housing areas.

The inmate’s telephones are turned on from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM each day.


If an inmate has a behavioral problem or there is a safety and security problem at NORCOR the telephones may be turned off. Use of the telephones by the inmates at NORCOR is a privilege.

All inmate telephone calls are collect calls through the TELMATE System. The inmate telephone system can not receive incoming calls.

You can leave a message for the inmate through the TELMATE System by calling (866) 516-0115.

Verified emergency messages will be delivered to the inmate by NORCOR Command Staff.

If you call in a false emergency message, the inmate you wish to contact may loose his/her telephone privileges.

NORCOR reserves the authority to monitor and record conversations on the inmate telephone system. Law enforcement may use the recording for criminal investigations.

If the telephone is used to talk with legal counsel it will not be recorded or monitored.

Pre-Paid Calling Accounts
( more... )

You can open a pre-paid calling account for an inmate through TELMATE by visiting their web site or calling (866) 516-0115.

Telephone Number Blocks
( more... )

Telephone numbers of the public may be blocked by NORCOR Command Staff, or upon the request of a citizen to prevent inmates calling their telephone number from the inmate telephone system at NORCOR. A citizen’s request for a telephone block may be provided orally or in written form. However, the citizen filing the request must provide NORCOR with his/her driver’s license number or state ID card number, their full name, date of birth, requester’s telephone numbers to be blocked, and the purpose for the telephone block.

The original requester may ask to remove the block. The request may be in written form or may be in person. The requestor must provide his/her driver’s license or state ID card number and the purpose for the removal of the telephone block.

Victims of a crime by an inmate held at NORCOR can not remove a telephone block without proper paperwork provided to NORCOR by the Court or District Attorney’s office.

modified: 11/14/2017 04:10 pm